Friday, July 23, 2010

Pan Fried Lamb Chops


OK, so I have always said, I don't like lamb, it is too bold!  Well I think it has grown on me now!  (Thank you Karen for getting me started on this wonderful meat last Thanksgiving!!!) I have made this dish many times since then and love it each and every time.  It is definitely worth a try if you have never made it this way before, I am sure you will love it just like I do!

2 (8 ounce) lamb shoulder blade chops

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 large shallot chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

1.  In a large skillet brown shallots until soft and golden brown.  Set aside.  Season lamb chops with oregano, salt, and pepper.  Brown on both sides about 2 minutes per side.  Add water and lemon juice and top with sauteed shallots.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.  Cover and simmer until juices run clear about 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails