Friday, February 25, 2011

Spicy Dill Popcorn


So lately popcorn is my favorite go-to snack.  Wish I had an air popper to make it even more calorie friendly.  As it is, it is a lot better for me than those girl scout cookies I got yesterday...But those new Dulce De Leche ones, I have to hid them, from myself!  They are tasty.  So back to the more healthy of the two popcorn...my sister-in-law made me some with fresh dill last year and that is what got me started, she also melted butter and Worcestershire sauce  and poured it over the top, can we say yummmm!  But alas, not too calorie friendly there, so I have omitted that step and still and very pleased with the results.  Without the butter the spices don't "stick" as well as they would with it, but I still get a good coating without that extra fat.

Splash of olive oil
handful of popcorn
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic granules or garlic powder
2 teaspoons dill weed
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper

1. Pop your popcorn over medium heat till all popped, make sure to shake the pan occasionally so you don't burn it.  When the popping slows down take it off the burner for a minute or so.  Pour popcorn in a large bowl, sprinkle with seasonings, make sure you have a drink and enjoy!

3 comments:

test it comm said...

I like the sound of dill on popcorn!

Cheri Witmer said...

It tastes even better than it sounds!

C said...

I am a popcorn fiend and I've been trying to venture out and try different things, so when I have my snack tonight - this is going to be it!

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails