Saturday, November 3, 2012

BLT Salad



Who is not a fan of bacon?  If you are not, I think there is something wrong with you... (That would be the half of my family on my fathers side...for religious reasons) But seriously, I L.O.V.E. maple bacon...I mean what is better than a sweet strip of crispy mapley bacon?  Mmmmm, I so loved the smell of my house when I made this.  And can't wait to make it again.  I love BLT sandwiches, but I think I love this salad even more...I think I had (I know I did really) three HUGE helpings of this for dinner, and I wanted even more, but had to refrain...that was very hard to do...anyways, I am smelling that bacon just thinking of this...please do try (and bring me some left overs!)

Ingredients

3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 to 1/2 inches)
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
12 slices bacon, cut into one inch pieces, cooked and drained
3/4 cup mayonnaise
6 scallions, sliced into thin circles
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
1 head of romaine lettuce, outside leaves and tops removed and saved for another use (you want the firm inside leaves only), torn into bite-sized pieces
12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper to taste 


Directions

1. Cover potatoes with cold water in a large pot. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender but not mushy, 12-15 minutes. Drain, place in large mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cool for 10 minutes. 

2. Whisk mayo, scallions and remaining vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. 

3. Add bacon, lettuce and tomatoes to the bowl with the potatoes. Gently mix in the dressing, and then scatter the chives on top.




Here is one of my girls after she snuck 3 suckers into her mouth at the same time...lol, kids...

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails