Tuesday, August 31, 2010
3/4 cup self rising flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
1 onion, minced
1 habenero pepper, minced
1 pablano pepper, minced
1 carrot, minced
1/2 zuchinni, minced
3/4 cup milk
5 dashes Tabasco Sauce
4-6 cups oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a large skillet to 350 degrees or medium-high.
2. Combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, chipotle seasoning, pepper, onion, habenero, pablano, carrot, and zuchinni. Toss well.
3. Whisk together the egg, milk, and tabasco sauce and stir into cornmeal mixture.
4. Drop by the tablespoonful into the hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown on all sides, remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
6. Serve HOT! (Don't worry, it is not spicy!)
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
2 lbs boneless beef roast
1 teaspoon oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 onion, quartered
3 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 (10.75) oz can cream of mushroom soup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1. In a skillet brown all side of roast in oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Place onion, celery, garlic, and parsley in the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the veggies. Combine soup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Pour over the top of the roast, cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
3. Shred beef with two large forks, adding your favorite BBQ sauce if desired, place on toasted bun and serve warm. Enjoy!