Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My New Juicer!


So when I got paid I decided to finally get myself a Jack LaLanne power juicer!  I have been wanting to juice for a long time now, but never took the plunge...I was always thinking it would not be too tasty.  I haven't tried too many mainly veggie juices yet, but have tried a few fruit combos and added veggies in with them.   Mmmmmmm :)   Man have I been missing out!  I love the fact that I am getting way more fruits and veggies in my diet and raw at that.  Eventually I would like to go on a month long juice fast, but as of now my Obgyn doesn't think it is the best idea...yep, I am pregnant!  Almost 15 weeks now!  In another month I will find out if it will be a boy or a girl.

 So onto one of my favorite juices so far...

Orange Carrot Juice

1/2 lemon, peeled
1 orange, peeled
1/2 mango, seeded and peeled
1 apple, stem removed
2 1/2 carrots, tops and roots removed, halved
1/2 banana (do not juice!)

Place fruits and veggies in your juicer in order listed, juicing each one separately. DO NOT JUICE THE BANANA! It will ruin your juicer. Because of the low juice content it will clog up your machine. After you have juices the carrots, transfer juice to a blender and add the banana. If you would like it more like a slushy add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of ice to blender and blend well. Drink within 15-20 minutes for optimal nutritional benefits. As always, enjoy!

2 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely juice

Cheri Witmer said...

Thank you! I have also been having carrot & apple juice with a hint of lemon....mmmmmm :)

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails