Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Easy Peasey Pizza Dough



My new addiction...Pinterest...sigh.  Yesterday I went to someone's board and re-pinned over 100 of his food pins.  Pathetic I know...but they looked oh so yummy!   Since I did that I had to make something new and I am so glad that I did, so is my family!  This pizza crust is sooooo easy to make and it tastes wonderful.  I did not have self rising flour so I made my own.  It ended up being for of a thin crusted pizza but it was so good that my "thick crust only" husband had a bunch of pieces and said we definitely have to keep using this recipe ;)  I love it when I get comments like that!  For my husband and the girls I made a pepperoni pizza with Old School Pizza Sauce which is the best pizza sauce I have ever had in my life...



I have made it multiple times and will keep making it.  For myself I made a Garlicky Cheese and Tomato pizza which was divine and I will be making this again on Friday for a game night with friends and everyone is bringing a homemade pizza...I wonder where that idea came from....la la la...anyways, on to the simplest pizza dough recipe ever! 

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup of Greek or natural yoghurt
Extra flour for dusting the board


In a bowl, combine the flour and yoghurt and bring together to form a ball.  Turn out onto a floured board to knead and roll.  Knead for 5-8 minutes. Roll into a pizza shape and add toppings.

Notes

This quantity is suitable for one pizza.  If the dough seems a little wet when you mix it, just add a sprinkling more flour. The more you knead it the better it comes together.  I thought in the beginning that there was no way this will work but as I kneaded it, the dough became pliable and stretchy.

Pizza dough recipe found on Kidspot.

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails