Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Honey Glazed Carrots


I made this dish very hesitantly last night.  My family isn't too big on carrots, but I had some in the fridge that needed to get used one way or another.  Boy was I in for a big surprise!  My oldest had 3 serving and would have had more if there were any!  Dad had been at a friends shop and was not home yet, her comment had been, can I have the last of the carrots, dad doesn't need to know you even made them!  To hear that out of a mouth of a child, pass the carrots please...wow.  I guess the honey may have had a big part in these delectable little morsels, and the reduced balsamic vinegar.  Needless to say this will definitely go in the will make again pile of recipes!

1 lb baby carrots, or regular small carrots, or larger ones halved or quartered
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons honey
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup hot vegetable stock (I used chicken since I was serving it with a roasted chicken)
1 teaspoon dried parsley
Sea salt to taste

1.  In a large frying pan with a lid add butter and melt over medium heat.  Place carrots in a single layer in pan, toss to coat and cook for 1 minute.

2.  Add chopped garlic, honey, and balsamic vinegar.  Stir and cook for another minute or two.  Pour over the hot vegetable stock and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 10-15 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.  Uncover the pan and cook for another 6-7 minutes or until the liquid reduces to a syrup.  Add salt if needed and parsley, toss to coat and serve warm.  Enjoy!

Recipe and photo adapted from Share My Kitchen.

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails