Wednesday, January 19, 2011
This is so good it is sinful! It took some MAJOR will power to not go back for thirds...sigh...I want to make it again with some frozen blueberries I have in the fridge. They are one of my hubby's favorite fruits, so I will surprise him, ssshhhhh, don't tell! If you make this you will be in dessert heaven, but don't blame me if you eat way too much of it!
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
cinnamon as desired (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Combine peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Place your butter in a 8 X 10 inch baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
4. Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk until combined. Pour over butter, do not stir, then spoon fruit on top. Gently pour in syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake 30-45 minutes, serve with whip cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy every bite!