Friday, October 15, 2010

Kung Pao Chicken

Maybe I am just on an Asian cuisine kick, but I can't get enough of it lately!  Today is a post from a blog that I follow Food Wishes.  It is a video recipes blog that I really like and suggest you to check out!  I will make this for dinner tonight and am expecting great things! 

I will probably have to make it pretty mild for my kids, then I will add a little more heat for my husband and myself!  I just love Asian food.  I plan on sauteing up some additional veggies on the side because you can never get enough of those!  Thanks, and enjoy!




1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts. cut into 1-inch cubes
For the marinade:
1 tablespoon white wine (substitute with white grape juice if you don't use wine)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
white parts from 3-4 green onions, chopped
For the sauce mixture:
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons white wine (substitute with white grape juice if you don't use wine)
1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Asian chili paste (sambal), or more to taste
2 teaspoons ketchup
4 cloves minced garlic
Other ingredients:
2 tablespoons peanut vegetable oil for frying
2 cups cubed zucchini
1 cup cubed red bell pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
1/4 cup green onion tops, chopped
handful roasted, salted peanut halves
4 cups cooked white rice

Photo's and recipe courtesy of Food Wishes

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails