Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Asiago Cheese


I always thought my family didn't like cauliflower, that is until I roasted it.  I love it and didn't make a whole lot because I figured I would be the only one eating it!  But boy did my portion get way smaller when I served this!  The kids and my hubby gobbled this up quicker than anything else on the table!  I guess this is how I will be making this vegetable from now on.   

1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 ½ pounds), cut into florets
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
A few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

1. Set rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.

3. Roast cauliflower florets on baking sheet until tender and golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, stirring a few times to promote even browning . (Keep an eye on it; you want the florets to develop deep golden spots. If it looks like they're getting too dark, turn oven down to 425 degrees.) Sprinkle with grated cheese, then taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails