Monday, February 21, 2011

Asian Salad


I have had salads like this before but never with both Mandarin oranges and pineapple.  So yummy!  The original recipe I came across also included peas, but me not being a pea person, I just omitted them.  If you like them add 1 cup of frozen peas (of course thawed).  Now I had left overs and just tried them, tastes ok, but the noodles are no longer crunchy and that was one of the highlights for me, so I would suggest adding the noodles as you serve them if you think you may not eat the whole amount of the salad.

salad
1 head romaine lettuce
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
(or 1 can pineapple chunks, use juice)
1 package ramen noodles, crushed

dressing
3/4 cup salad oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon onion, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard

1. Combine lettuce, Mandarin oranges, pineapple (and juice) in a large bowl.

2. Put oil, sugar, apple cider vinegar, poppy seeds, grated onion, salt, and dry mustard in a blender and pulse till well combined and add to lettuce and fruit.  Combine well and add crushed noodles.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails