Friday, February 4, 2011

Creamy Avocado Pasta

I am so in love right now, you know that kind, love at first sight, you know it is meant to be...that's me, yep, that's me...sigh.  I so have to go get an avocado and lemon and make this for lunch.  Hey I could even eat this for breakfast!  Thank you a thousand times over Angela, for posting this, I think you are my new best friend!

This dish is super easy to make and can be made in under 15 minutes.  What is not awesome about that?!  This is a great dinner when you are strapped or short on time or just want it, in my case.

1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
2-3 garlic cloves, to taste 
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.


2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.



3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!


Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.

Recipe from Oh She Glows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo shows green onions, but the recipe says basil...?

Cheri Witmer said...

Sorry about that, I ran out and since I love green onions I used some of them...meant to mention that! Thanks for pointing it out :)

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails