Friday, April 29, 2011

Creamy Beef Egg Rolls


So I meant to make the Jamaican Beef Dumplings, but didn't think my kids and guests would like all that hot sauce, I would, any day...but was putting my wants on the back burner for the good of others! Ha ha, ok, ok, maybe I wasn't so selfless, I just didn't have the kind of mild hot sauce I wanted to use.  So instead I improvised.  Have you ever done that, threw together what you had hoping it would turn out good?  I have done that more than once these last few weeks since moving in to the new house.  Got a little hard to get back into the swing of some good meals, but I am getting there.  Last night I made battered cod, crash potatoes, and creamy mac-n-cheese for dinner.  Yum, but onto the dumplings, they were super scrumptious too!  I was so sad when in the morning I realized one lone egg roll had been left in the oven over night...that was sad having to throw that away...I could have had one more :(

1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon (or 1 cube) chicken bullion

1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
4 oz cream cheese
egg roll wrappers (varies depending on how full you fill em')


1. Brown ground beef, seasoning with seasoning salt, garlic powder, chicken bullion, and pepper.  When browned add cream cheese and sweet chili sauce and heat thoroughly.

2. Place a generous amount of your meat mixture on the egg roll wrapper and roll up sealing the end with water.

3. Deep fry at 375°F for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, (my family loves sweet chili sauce) rice, and veggies and as always, enjoy!







No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails