Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pork Adobo


This was a little salty from the soy sauce, but I was expecting that, but since my family wasn't as crazy about it as I was, next time I will use about 1/4 cup of soy sauce and see what they think then.  I myself loved it!  I have made chicken adobo before but never with pork.  I was not disappointed.  And no matter what my family said, there was nothing left at the end of the meal...

Leftover pork roast, cut into cubes (you can use uncooked pork too)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice or white vinegar
1 can chicken broth and water enough to cover meat
2-3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 coins ginger (take ginger and cut 2 slices, making "coins")
1 bay leaf
Freshly ground pepper
Ketchup

1. Add everything in a pot except ketchup and bring to simmer.  Cover and cook until pork is tender.

2. Remove pork from liquid and pat dry with paper towels.  Bring remaining liquid to a boil and let it reduce by 1/2.  Brush pork lightly with ketchup.

3. Heat a skillet over medium heat until hot.  Add a little oil.  Pan fry pork until it's browned and a little crispy. The ketchup will help the browning process.

4. Add pork back to the liquid, serve with white rice, and enjoy!



Recipe found at Big, Bold, Beautiful Food.





No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails