Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rich and Creamy Lasagna


This was so easy to make and my daughter who HATES lasagna actually ate some so I know it was good then.  I have an old story on why I don't make lasagna too often, but we won't get into that!  It will be my secret.  I also made roasted tomatoes, which I can never get enough of, matter fact there are a couple of those left over that I plan to reheat soon under the broiler...mmm I can taste them now...(drool!)

1 package oven ready lasagna noodles
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs slightly beaten1 teaspoon dried basil
1 (24-26 oz) jar of Barilla pasta sauce
1 cup water
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained of fat

1. Preheat oven to 425° F.

2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan, eggs, cream cheese, and basil.  Mix well.

3. In another bowl, combine the pasta sauce, water, and ground beef.  Mix well.

4. In a 9 X 13 inch pan spread 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce.  Place 3-4 lasagna noodles (dry since they are oven ready) over the sauce.  Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the lasagna, top with 1/3 of the meat sauce.  Repeat layering once.  Top with remaining lasagna and sauce.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Wrap lightly with a double layer of foul.  Bake for 60 minutes or until the lasagna is for tender.  Let stand 10 minutes sealed in the foil before cutting.  Serve with a nice green salad and a side of your choice and enjoy!







No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails