Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ghost Pepper & Garlic Hot Sauce



This is really good, and it will probably be even better when I make it next time and follow all of the directions!  I did not cook my fresh chili peppers, I have a stash of frozen peppers to make salsa with and I used 2 green jalapeno's and a habanero pepper. after they thawed out.  I also passed on the onion since I was out but I know that would have added a lot more flavor as well.  So needless to say, mine has a little kick to it, but not too hot since I used the jalapenos.    

Ghost Pepper & Garlic Hot Sauce

1 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced fresh chile peppers
6 Ghost Chili pods, rehydrated, minced
6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled, minced
2 cups water
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin (optional)
1 cup white vinegar

1. In a nonreactive saucepan over medium-high heat, cook onion, fresh chiles, and garlic in oil until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.  

2. Add remaining ingredients, except vinegar, to saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
 

3. Pour saucepan contents into a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.  Add vinegar to mixture; blend until combined.  Pour mixture into a sterilized jar with a lid.  Will keep in the refrigerator for 1 year.

Notes: For a mild sauce, use Anaheim, Poblano, or Jalapeno. For a medium sauce, use Serrano, Cayenne, or Tabasco. For a very hot sauce, use Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Thai, or Pequin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to maintain anti aging and energetic sound health and mind, you need to take fruit juice every day. Read more:http://bit.ly/2vz9Ikn

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna try it i love hot sauce

John said...

I sell and install kitchen cabinets for a living but my real passion is creating in the kitchen but ghost peppers?!!!
John

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails