Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Baked Potato


For dinner tonight, I will make a version of a recipe I got from a very special person in my life, Ruth Starr. She made this dinner for a bunch of ladies before she moved to North Dakota. I don't have her recipe handy so I am just winging it tonight! First I boiled some chicken thighs adding some veggies to make chicken broth for another night. After it had simmered for a few hours I took off the skins and the chicken off the bone, placing those back in the stock pot for a more flavorful chicken broth. Next I will make a cheese sauce from milk, flour, and of course cheese. My husband prefers sharp cheddar, so I add some of that and whatever else I have on hand. I then add an 8 oz package of softened cream cheese. Now I love my veggies so I will brown up some sliced mushrooms and then brown some chopped broccoli, seasoning it with garlic and pepper. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli to the cheese sauce and keep warm or place in a crockpot to keep warm till you baked potatoes are cooked. Top the potatoes with the wonderful cheese sauce, serve with a salad and maybe some fresh bread or rolls and there is dinner! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Debbie Calkins said...

This sounds so delicious! Going to try it!
Debbie Calkins

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails