For the love of something creamy! If it is full of cream cheese and Parmesan cheese you can never go wrong! I was asked to make this a month ago, but alas, I forgot. Now I am going to my ladies bible study at the church and I am bringing the goods! This is a stove top version of this wonderful recipe. I wanted something quick and easy to make but that did not lack in flavor, this is definitely it.
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry of excess water
1 8 0z can water chestnuts
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
splash of olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
3 large cloves crushed garlic
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
lots of fresh cracked black pepper to taste
crusty bread or crackers
1. Over medium heat, heat up large saucepan, then add oil, onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant and light golden brown.
2. Add spinach and water chestnuts and continue to saute till spinach cook together with onions and garlic. Add salt and pepper
3. Add cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, mayo and milk. When cheese melts, turn down heat to low.
4. Continue stirring and allow dip to simmer until cheese and rest of ingredients are blended well together.
5. Add additional salt/pepper to personal taste. Serve warm with bread and/or crackers.
Recipe adapted from WORC