Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rosemary Cashew Biscotti


If you can fall in love with bread...that is what I have done!  My mother-in-law made this biscotti and I can't get enough of it!  I have had rosemary in herbed breads, but never something semi sweet.  Wow is the best word I can say, at least the best I can think of at this second.  I am sure there are many more wonderful words I can use that would describe this delectable treat!  I am not a coffee person so I have been eating these by themselves, but bought some hot chocolate today to try them with.  It has been getting colder here in Santa Fe, so I need something to warm me up.  I think a cup of hot chocolate, biscotti, a blazing fire, and a good book sound like a wonderful idea very soon! 

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons dried rosemary, finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole cashew nuts (or almonds)

1. In a food processor combine flour, sugar, baking powder,dried rosemary and cracked black pepper; process briefly.  With processor running add eggs and vanilla extract; process until dough forms a ball.  Transfer to a large bowl and add cashew nuts blending well.

2. Shape dough into two flat 3 inch wide logs on a large greased cookie sheet or baking pan.  Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.  Remove the rosemary cashew biscotti from the oven.  When cool enough to handle slice logs into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces; place cut side down on cookie sheet.  Bake an additional 15 minutes  or until golden brown.  Cool on racks and store in tins up to 1 month or more.

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails