Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


So, being close to Thanksgiving I wanted to make some holiday goodies.  Actually I put my daughter Skye to work in the kitchen to make the first batch of these delightful cookies!  I first came across these when my cousin cooked them and gave me some.  I was in heaven!  They are so fluffy and delicious. I love the texture and above all the taste.  Since my kids love chocolate I decided to add some chocolate chips to the batter.  The kids loved them and so do I, that could be dangerous!  I hope you will try these soon.

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 applesauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
(Possible additional 1/3 cup flour depending on thickness)
1. Preheat oven to 365°F.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl then mix in the wet ingredients. Add additional flour (up to 1/3 cup) as needed for thickness. *
3.Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
*You may add chocolate chips or nuts if desired.

Recipe courtesy of Heather McCorkle

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey cuz, I'm touched that you liked these so much! After reading this I'm going to HAVE to go make some!

Cheri Witmer said...

I forgot to link to your site! I will fix that now :)

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails