Saturday, March 12, 2011

The BEST Broiled Tomato Sandwich on Earth


So I had pretty much forgotten about this sandwich for the last year or so and was reminded of tomato sandwiches the other day...so my long lost treat is back!  My husband is not a big tomato fan, but when I made this for my lunch he wanted a bite.  I was reluctant to share, (I wanted it all for myself!)  Once he had that first bite though...he was hooked!  You will not regret making this sandwich, but you may regret not making more!

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 slices bread, lightly toasted

1. Preheat oven to broil.


2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture, stirring occasionally.


3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, black pepper and 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.


4. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Serve immediately, open faced or closed and enjoy!

 
Recipe found at Allrecipes.







No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails