Monday, March 7, 2011

Buffalo Chex Mix


I had an over abundance of Chex mix and Cheerios so I decided to do what anyone would do with it.  Make Chex mix!  Wanted something a little different than the original stuff so I went with the buffalo flavor.  I loved the almonds in it, but none of the kids did so next time I will substitute it for something else, maybe some little goldfish and/or pretzels.  Don't think I can go wrong there!  Frank's Red Hot adds a little zip and heat to this crispy, crunchy snack but it doesn't take it over the top to hot and spicy. Feel free to add a little more than is called for if you want additional heat.

4 cups Rice Chex cereal
4 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Nuts (I used almonds and pumpkin seeds)
(Next time I will use Parmesan-flavored goldfish crackers)
2 cups pretzel twists
8 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 teaspoons dill weed

1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. In microwavable dish melt butter in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Add the hot sauce, ranch dressing mix and celery seed. Stir to combine.

3. Place cereals, nuts or fish crackers and pretzels in a large roasting pan. Pour butter mixture on top and stir well to coat pieces. Bake in oven for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes. Remove from oven and cool mixture on paper towels. Store in air tight container when completely cooled, enjoy!

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails