Friday, March 11, 2011
Who wouldn't go for a luscious french toast with blueberries and syrup? I know my family sure gobbles them up! A quick and easy breakfast that is inexpensive and a crowd pleaser.
6-8 slices of bread
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
powdered sugar, for garnish
blueberries for garnish
1. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. Dip bread in mixture and let soak for 30-60 seconds.
3. Lightly butter a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Lift bread from mixture, shaking off excess liquid. Add bread to hot pan and cook (adjust heat if necessary), turning as needed making sure to brown all sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
4. Repeat to soak and cook remaining pieces. Discard any remaining egg mixture.
5. Sprinkle the French Toast with powdered sugar, blueberries and serve, with or without syrup and enjoy!