Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lemon Bars with Toasted Coconut


So we had another game night and I was feeling the urge to make something sweet.  Had some coconut and was hoping to make Samoas but didn't have carmel, or the stuff to make it, nor did I have chocolate...so after I did a little browsing I came across this.  Citrus and coconut, how can you go wrong with this combo?

I had all the ingredients in my kitchen cupboards so I got to cooking, wishing I had a food processor, (hint hint to my husband for my birthday!) but was reduced to using my pastry blender which has about seen the end of its days...but it got the job done.  The end result was a luscious lemon bar with a wonderful toasted coconut topping. 

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flaked coconut

1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners’ sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly.

3. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until well mixed. Pour over crust; sprinkle coconut evenly over the top.

5. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

6. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars and enjoy!

Recipe found at My Baking Addiction.

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails