This is one of my husbands favorite breakfast foods, ok maybe his most favorite! I made this this morning and he just devoured it, saying "Can I have more"...then "Can I have the rest?" He said his tongue was smacking his forehead cause it was so good. Not sure what kind of compliment that was, but I know from him, he was pleased! Just as I know you would be if you made this and ate it too! It is a simple list of ingredients and very easy to prepare.
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
fruit to garnish is optional
1. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon, set aside. (This may seem like a lot, so you can use more or less to your taste, although having a lot makes a nice sweet crunchy topping.)
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. While preheating place the butter in a cake pan and heat in the oven.
3. Mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add flour and mix well.
4. Remove pan from the oven and pour batter into pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
5. Garnish with fruit and enjoy immensely!