Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Avocado Fries


When I was making these fries my husband and children, all excited, asked what I was making...when I told them avocado fries they all turned up their noses.  When it came time for diner, my husband who very much dislikes those "green slimy things" tried them and wanted more off of my plate!  Now if I can make something he dislikes into something he wants...now that is an accomplishment!  I thought they were great dipped in ranch.  Although I would think anything with avocado in it is a little taste of heaven...I know some may think I am weird.  Maybe I am. but I am just following my taste buds.  They are creamy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.  I added a little Parmesan cheese before serving.  Sigh... :)  Onto the recipe so you can make this yummy goodness!

Canola oil for frying

1/4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, beaten to blend
1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
Grated Parmesan for serving (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.

2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/2 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates.

3. Sprinkle the avocado slices with the remaining ½ tsp salt. Dip each slice in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.

3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt and a little grated Parmesan.

Recipe from Circle B Kitchen

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails