Saturday, December 25, 2010

Cheesy Broccoli Gratin


This is pure melt in your mouth goodness!!!  I was so happy how this turned out.  I love broccoli so I may be a little bias...

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon thyme
8 oz cheddar cheese
24 oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 400°F.

2.  Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Whisk in flour and cook for a minute or two to get the raw taste out of the flour.  Slowly add milk and whisk till smooth stirring in nutmeg and thyme. Turn off heat and add your shredded cheese stirring till melted. 

3.  Place your broccoli florets in your baking dish and pour cheese sauce over the top.  Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. 

4.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.  Enjoy!

14 comments:

baobabs said...

YUMs! looks and sounds healthy as well as filling. I'm always overeating in winter, will try this dish out. I do a variation of cauliflower gratin with roquefort and parmegiano shavings on the top

Cheri Witmer said...

It is! I think this was my favorite dish I made for Christmas...along with the mushrooms :) Your variation with cauliflower sounds wonderful too!

Tamara said...

I was looking for a great way to fix broccoli with the salmon that I'm having tonight for dinner and this looks like a winner! Yum-tastic!

aislinn said...

Cool blog you got here and thank you for the valuable information. This is truly a great read for me and definitely be back to read some more.

www.n8fan.net

Katie hodges said...

I just made this dish and it came out great. I live in Saudi Arabia and the commissary didn't have broccoli so I had to use cauliflower and it still tasted great. Thanks for a great recipe!

trasher said...

your blog is very useful, thank you so much for providing!

www.joeydavila.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Leslie Lim said...

Those look interesting. Keep posting.

chester
www.imarksweb.org

Rustam khan said...

Split System Service AirCon Cleaning - Sanitair™ offers customers a nationwide 12 month mould free guarantee. Breathe easier with Sanitair’s split system service & split system cleaning.

Rustam khan said...

Split System Service AirCon Cleaning - Sanitair™ offers customers a nationwide 12 month mould free guarantee. Breathe easier with Sanitair’s split system service & split system cleaning.

Anonymous said...

What is the best way to thaw the broccoli? Just overnight in the fridge?

Barbie Chiu said...

Every person has the passion in any aspects or things. If you love something and it came in front of you it completes your day and your mood turns into something you won't expected. I love your work and I want to read more about it. Visit my site if you have time . Thank you.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

Your blog is fabulous.

www.gofastek.com

ekhtsasy said...


اخي بداية يجب التنوية انه يجب القيام بتنظيف كافة مكيفات المنزل بشكل سنوي مع دخول فصل الصيف فهذا يقلل كثير من النفقات بعد ذلك لانة يزيل كافة الاتربة والاوساخ من علي المكيفات فيقلل الجهد المبذول من الكمبروسر مما يساعد علي توفير كبير في الكهرباء بالاضافة الي اطالة العمر الافتراضي للمكيف
تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
صيانة مكيفات بالرياض

Share This Post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails