Friday, December 17, 2010

Creamy Turkey Pot Pie

I cooked a turkey earlier on in the week and have to do something with the left overs, so I made a pot pie.  For a change I added some heavy cream to it and am sure glad I did.  I know it adds so many extra calories, but it was well worth it!  I will definitely be making my pot pies this way again!  Had it with some garlic bread and should have served a salad with it, but I have been eating salad every day for over a week, I was kinda greened out!

2 cups left over turkey, chopped
2 cups turkey gravy
1 zucchini, chopped
1 potato, peeled and diced
1 carrot sliced
4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 frozen corn
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic granules
2 pie crusts

1.  Preheat oven to 400 F.

2.  Combine all ingredients, mixing well. 

3.  Spoon mixture into pie shell.  Top with remaining shell.  Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.  Cool slightly before serving and as always, enjoy!

No comments:

Share This Post!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails